Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rose is Answering the Challenge: Rain/Showers/Mists for the Month of April

This month we are dedicating our challenge to Rain/Drizzle/Showers/and Mists...literal or figuratively, whichever direction you are inspired to go. Today Rose S. took me at my word and emailed me this creation. Clever design ms. Rose! And for those of you who would like to play along ....remember if you don't have a blog you can email me your creations and I will post them for you, just like Rose's design. Email me at: lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com And if you do have a blog click HERE and link up with our linky tool to join this month's challenge. We will randomly choose a winner at the end of the month and if you win you can choose any stencil we sell.

Here, in her own words, is how Rose created the card above. If you have any questions for her please leave them in the comments below:

"I used the rain stencil (LJ905) with white paste (DEP), sponged on blue ink and then 2 coats of embossing powder in clear. The cat is from the 3 cat stencil (LM266) on which I used black paste (DGKP) and black glitter and then cut out the kitty that I wanted. I also wanted to use the rain expressions stencil, but didn’t have room so I hand drew books and then printed the rain, rain.... phrase on them.  Rest of the details: plastic for the window, stickers and hand drawn frames for the pictures, glossy accents on the pics and the boots and flowersoft for the flowers and the clock was stamped on white shrink plastic. I had a great time doing this card and it actually came out the way I envisioned it. This does not always happen, lol."

Be sure to take time to visit the other half of the design team listed below. Our team takes turns now, half one week and half the next! My side bar has the entire team, but those on the list below have created specifically this week. Be sure to leave them some love in the way of a comment or two...we thrive on this and sharing our creations with you. We also have a wonderful guest designer this week Alison Heikkila, thanks for joining us Alison...we know you are very busy and we feel fortunate that you are taking time for Dreamweaver this month!




10 comments:

Caroline D. said...

Rose ~ Your card is so cleverly awesome!! It's so fun that it looks like it was a blast to make! I know the cat is wishing the rain would stop.

Pam Hornschu said...

I love this, Rose! So many fun details...the kitty watching the rain outside, the titles of the books on the table, even the striped "wallpaper". I love doing projects like this...like playing with a doll house once again! Thanks for playing along!

Louise said...

So cute Rose! Great details, your cat cut out is wonderful!

Lea said...

Rose, this is just adorable! Love all the details and especially the kitty sitting there watching the rain! It looks so homey! Great job!

Denise Bryant said...

Very clever card, Rose! Love all the details! Great use of the cat stencil too.... I thought it was a die cut.

Cherylynn said...

What a cute card Rose! Love all the details. You really outdid yourself on this one!

JD/ Jill said...

What a Pretty and creative card...so nicely done.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love your card Rose, especially how it's telling a story in a way. The sun peaking through the clouds is so realistic! I'm guessing you're a cat lover...

Alison said...

What an amazing card from Rose! This is something worth hanging on a wall! I love your clouds...and all of the little details are fantastic!

Thank you again to Dreamweaver for having me as a Guest this month. I am having a wonderful time!

rose s. said...

thank you so much for all the wonderful comments! i had such a great time making this card. one of those that work out as well on paper as they do in your head haha.

Post a Comment