Thursday, November 15, 2012

Festively Distressed Week #4 Winner and the Holidays CAS

Ahhhh...tis the season when you often want things to be simple but they often aren't.

This week I am traveling and Pam (our fearless leader) is in the middle of a monstrous move. Wendy Jordan is also busy busy busy so won't be posting this week...of course you realize that is why we have a team, and the rest of us will be doing our postings. Pam was smart enough to give us this Holidays CAS assignment for just this reason. As we move toward the Thanksgiving holiday I want to say it has been a real pleasure to work with such a great group of creative people. And THANKS Pam for all you do...good luck as you go through this moving process. All I can say is...better you than me, you are so organized that I know you will get through this in great form.

My card is one that is created with the berry branches stencil (LJ900) and the Merry Christmas stencil (LS92). It was simply paste-embossed with the glossy black embossing paste (DGKP) on a metallic gold and metallic silver papers. Once it was paste-embossed and still wet a placed the crystals onto the berries using my "GRAB-IT"  (RGGI) tool, which is SIMPLY a long handled cotton swab which is dipped in bee's wax. When you warm the Grab It tool (RGGI) in your hand this makes it easy to pick up the crystals and place them. Now what could be more simple for a holiday card?

Please...if you are interested in joining the Holidays CAS card challenge click HERE to find out the details and link up to mr. linky. Or if you don't have a blog or Flikr account you can email me your card and I will post it here on my blog. lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com 

Last but not least we have our final winner of our Festively Distressed promo with the Ranger/Tim Holtz team! Thank you for the great time we have had using your products.


WINNER OF WEEK #4:

Our winner of Week Four is: Denise Bryant who was randomly chosen from team member Kristi Van Doren's blog and who said, "Beautiful card. Love the gold leafing." Yay Denise...be sure to email me at lynell@dreamweaverstencils.com and send me your snail mail addy and I will send you our week four packet of stencils and distress powders. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!




Now please join the team for a Thursday's Dream Scheme of The Holidays CAS:




2 comments:

Louise said...

Oh Lynell this is lovely! A stunning combination!

Anonymous said...

Lynell, a truly wonderful card! You always come up with great ones!

Post a Comment