Thursday, March 31, 2011

Breakfast at Dreamweavers!


Hi, it's Pam, giving Lynell a blog break again. This has been a catch-up week still for her. Since this week is a free choice week, she did, however, suggest that I blog this wonderful card from her good friend, Elaine Benedict. When I saw this card, I immediately thought of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Audrey Hepburn. The quintessential image of elegance.


See what I mean? Not only is Elaine's card simply elegant, it is also simple in process. The bottom panel was the Damask stencil paste-embossed with Glossy Black Paste. The top pink panel features the beautifully elegant Thank You sentiment with the same paste. The black satin ribbon runs across like the empire waistline of an iconic dress being worn by Audrey herself, with the bling of the pearl pin added. I love this card that Elaine created...perfect for so many occasions...weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, and yes, a beautifully simple thank you. Now is your opportunity to visit the rest of our talented team of Dream Schemers as listed at right. Create your own inspirational piece and link to our Mr. Linky below.

Dreamweaver Stencils:
Damask Stencil (LJ907)
Thank You (LG691)
Glossy Black Paste (DGKP)

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh......Elaine or Lynell or Pam!!! I love this!! I totally need that Thank You stencil now!! This is beautiful and SIMPLE!!

sommrstamping said...

Simple and elegant. Beautiful card.

Kristi said...

wonderful card..wow

Laura Drahozal said...

Perfect analogy. It IS Breakfast at Tiffany's. SOOOOO elegant and gorgeous!

Lee Kellogg said...

Very elegant and classic!

Liz Martin said...

One of my favorite movies and now one of my favorite designs. So elegant.

Marijane said...

What a beauty, Elaine! I have taken a couple of your classes and know how talented you are - this is a fine example. I am always amazed at how much I like the glossy black paste. It adds a touch of "patent leather" elegance to any project.

Louise said...

Great comparison Pam. Elaine always does such beautiful work, I just love this.

Post a Comment