Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Heart Cards this Week

Deborah March, design team member from Nova Scotia, made this beautiful heart card. Some of my postings this week may not be exactly Valentines, but I think "heart" cards are valid to send on Valentine's Day.

Once again this Valentine creation is paste-embossed with the lovebird stencil (LL3011). Deborah used the white paste on the aqua paper by just repeating the heart portion, and then she added an aqua color to the white paste and paste-embossed the white paper with the entire motif. I am a bit biased, since aqua is one of my favorite colors, but I do think this is a gorgeous color-way. The little pearl embellishments and the sentiment really add that little bit of panache. Also the silver lining on both card mountings really makes this card sparkle. A very elegant card to send to someone you love on Valentine's day, don't you think?

This week I would like to again challenge you to send a card to a shut in or someone you know that needs a little extra love these cold winter days. In fact tonight I am going to take time to do just that, so join me if you have time.

2 comments:

Marijane said...

Just gorgeous! I didn't realize that the top border design was made using the same heart stencil until you described the technique. I LOVE the soft aqua color, too.

Linda said...

I love this card it is very elegant.LOVE IT

Post a Comment

Blog Archive